Citizens Energy Conference: Making Energy Democracy Happen
Our energy system is outdated in many ways: fossil fuel based and thus unsustainable, technocratic and dominated by a few big market players. But already some decades, citizens are developing the alternative system: renewable, decentralized and democratic. The strong development of renewable energy cooperatives shows us what citizens are capable of, especially when they are supported by a partner state, that develops a stimulating legal framework and offers smart incentives.
How can we strengthen this transition to an energy system of the future?
-Dirk Holemans, coordinator Think Tank Oikos
-Dirk Vansintjan, President REScoop.eu
-Elise Steyaert, local climate cooperation Klimaan Mechelen
-Claire Roumet, Director Energy Cities
-Johan Daenen, Member of Flemish Parliament
-Bob d'Haeseleer, Green Party in Eeklo (BE)
-Anne Chapman, Green House Think Tank (UK)
IHECS, Priemstraat 15, 1000 Brussels
- 17h00 Welcome by Aurelie Marechal, director Green European Foundation
- 17h10 Stage setting by Dirk Holemans, coordinator Oikos think tank
- 17h30 Local & citizen initiatives with Elise Steyaert (Klimaan), Dirk Vansintjan (REScoop), Bob d'Haeseleer (Groen Eeklo)
- 18h30 Q&A
- 19h00 Coffee break & finger food
- 19h30 Role of governments with Claire Roumet (Energy Cities), Johan Daenen (Member of Flemish Parliament), Anne Chapman (Green House Think Tank)
- 20h30 Q&A
Tickets can be ordered below. Your reservation will only be guaranteed after payment of the correct amount by bank wire to Oikos vzw, IBAN BE29 0015 9877 0164 (BIC: GEBA BE BB) with reference 'Citizens Energy Conference'.
This conference is organised by the Green European Foundation with the support of Oikos and with the financial support of the European Parliament.